75100385

Consent to set aside a default judgement I am the claimant

Customer Question

Consent to set aside a default judgement
I am the claimant in a building claim. litigant in person. not a small claim.
Defendants solicitor have obtained a judgement by default claiming they did not receive the defence to counterclaim(lost in post). I have made an application to set this aside. They have indicated that they will consent if I paid them £200 for their application costs. As I am a litigant in person will the above still apply i.e. granting of a consent order on a judgement by default on a counterclaim by consent of both parties or does one need to attend court(obviously with both the claim and the counterclaim be allowed to continue)
how can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If the parties have consented for the default judgement on counterclaim to be set aside will a hearing be still required for this?

Not my area then.
I will opt out for others.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok Thank you

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

please delete the question I have already reposted it and got a reply Thank you

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Do you still need help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no thank you I have already asked this question separately and received a reply from you. Many Thanks

Great!