Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I have paid holiday with my visa card.I was lead passenger

Customer Question

I have paid for an holiday with my visa card.I was lead passenger but afew wks later we changed lead passenger to is but now he an x mate and he taking someone else n ive been told there is nothing i can do at ***** *****.Please help
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.
What would you like to know about this? Is it how to bring a claim against him?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What can i do about the situation plz

Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Have you asked your x friend for the money back? What response have you had?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

They are saying they have paid me which is a lie

Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Ok what is the amount of money that you are owed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Around £575

Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks, ***** ***** to write to the person to say that if they do not pay you back within 7 days then you will have no alternative but to bring a claim against them to recover your money in the county court. It is probably best to send a letter recorded delivery if possible.
If they do not pay you can lodge a claim online on the following website www.moneyclaim.gov.uk
If they are saying that they have paid you then they will be expected to prove this to the court by showing a bankstatement to prove it.
If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.