75100385

I have a northern rock mortgage and it has been running

Hi, I have a northern rock mortgage and it has been running about 9 years. Unfortunately when the financial crisis struck my account was moved to the bad debt part of the company and as such my interest has been frozen at 4.95% since then. In other words it has not changed at all despite the fact that generally interest rates are at a very low rate. Do i have any comeback on NR as they have offered me nothing and no options to benefit from a lower rate.
Chris
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Sadly you have no recourse. If you feel that you have been treated unfairly then you can complain to the Financial Ombudsman. They offer a free, independent service and can be located at: www.financial-Ombudsman.org.uk
As I understand it NR are allowing people to transfer their mortgages to other lenders without any penalty so that may be something you wish to consider. However I have looked online and variable mortgages with other lenders are:
Yorkshire BS - 4.99%
Co-Op - 4.74%
HSBC - 3.94%
TSB - 3.99%
Halifax - 3.99%
Tesco - 4.24%
So whilst it is a little high its not the highest from a High Street Lender.
I am sorry if this is not necessarily the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.