12826847

WE ARE LANDLORDS WITH A BTL FLAT IN CARDIFF - WE HAD TENANTS

Customer Question

WE ARE LANDLORDS WITH A BTL FLAT IN CARDIFF - WE HAD TENANTS FOR 6 YEARS AND THEY MOVED OUT ON 31 MAY 2015 -THEY LEFT SOME DAMAGE TO THE VALUE OF £250.
WE DID NOT REGISTER THEM WITH THE TENANT DEPOSIT SCHEME UNFORTUNATELY. THEY REFUSE TO PAY ANY DAMAGE COSTS AND ARE BLACKMAILING US TO REPORT US, AND RECEIVE COMPENSATION FROM US FOR NOT REGISTERING THEM WITH TDS INSTEAD. WITH THE CURRENT GOVERNMENT AMNESTY, WHERE LANDLORDS HAVE UNTIL 23 JUNE 2015 TO REGISTER TENANTS WITH THE TDS, WHAT WOULD YOU ADVISE US TO DO? THE TENANT IS A LAWYER IN....PROPERTY LAW!!!
WHILE THE AMNESTY IS CURRENTLY IN EFFECT, DOES THAT OFFER US ANY PROTECTION?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
How long was their initial tenancy for please?