12826847

I've just had a police officer come to my house with a warrant

Customer Question

I've just had a police officer come to my house with a warrant for my arrest he said its to do with housing benefit fraud from 2011 with an ex partner I know nothing about it and have not received any letter about court or from housing benefit the police officer is coming back in the morning to take me into custody until I go to court I'm really scared and don't know what to do
How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What will happen at police station and in court the police officer is coming back at 8pm he said ill be taken into custody then I will have to go to court..I've not revived any letters about this and don't understand why has it taken this long as they saying it was 2011

Are you due to surrender at 8pm or is he coming back to arrest you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

He just said he'll be back to arrest me sorry it's 8am not 8pm

Ok. He is going to arrest you then. You might be able to avoid that by handing yourself in but there probably isn't time to arrange it now.
You will be arrested and booked into custody. Probably they will not put you in a cell as this is effectively an appointment.
You will probably be interviewed immediately and their allegation will be disclosed.
They will take prints and DNA and bail you for a CPS decision.
Do not refuse the solicitor that you will be offered.