12826847

My mother's husband was domiciled

Customer Question

PLEASE SEE MY MESSAGE BELOW.  I WOULD BE MOST GRATEFUL IF YOU COULD PROVIDE A RESPONSE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AS MY MOTHER NEEDS TO DECIDE WHAT ACTION TO TAKE.  Thank you Julie XXX

My mother's husband was domiciled in Spain for a number of years up to January 2014 when he passed away. My mother was with her husband for 30 years and other beneficiaries could be a grown up son and two grown up grandchildren who belonged to his deceased daughter who died in 1996. There was a Spanish Will, however, my step-father left money in Skipton International in Guernsey, Channel Islands and my mother is very confused as to her rights as his widow when there could be three other beneficiaries (decendents). Guernsey law seems very complicated and we have received limited advice which we are still unsure of. Please could you advise. Thank you Julie XXXXXX

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.co.uk.
It was brought to our attention that you asked a legal question about Guernsey, where we do not have active professionals. As much as we would like to assist you, we have to be honest and say that the best we can do is maybe to provide a legal Internet researcher who might be able to find your answer. We realize that option is not ideal, and we always want to provide our customers with the best possible answer.
At this time, we'd like to give you the option of leaving your question open. Keep in mind that you're never obliged to accept an answer that you're not satisfied with, and you can try it out before you accept. Or, we can close your question page for you, if you prefer.
Please let me know how you’d like to proceed,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Nicola

Thank you for responding and explaining the situation to me.

As I only opted to access the service of Just Answer with this specific legal advise in mind and you are unable to assist which I understand, please could I cancel my subscription and request a refund as I do not have any other issues/questions which I need assistance with.

With thanks

Julie XX