75100385

4.5 years ago a friend of mine was about to be evicted from

Customer Question

4.5 years ago a friend of mine was about to be evicted from his house (due to outstanding mortgage payments). Whilst not in great financial shape myself at the time, i agreed to give him £10K (via my credit card) to help him on, on the proviso that he paid the interest each month and cleared the outstanding balance ASAP.
Fast forward 4 years and all had been going well - he never missed a payment (documented by me), but now has gone radio-silent (owing me 3 months of interest payments) and won't take my calls. I've continued making the monthly payments (as its my credit score this will impact), but with an outstanding balance of approx £7K remaining, what course of action can i take to ensure the debt is paid?
We didn't write anything down or sign (this is/was a close friend) but i have documented proof of providing him with the initial sum and monthly payments from his account to pay the interest.
Your help would be much appreciated.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.