75100385

I'm reading your discussion about CCTV in an HMO. You

Hi. I'm reading your discussion about CCTV in an HMO. You indicated that anyone having CCTV in the common areas of the property needs to comply with the Data Protection Act rules and regulations. What specifically do I need to do in order to be compliant?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Are you the Landlord please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes.

Ok. You need to have signs up, register with the Information Commissioner and comply with this guide:
https://ico.org.uk/media/for-organisations/documents/1542/cctv-code-of-practice.pdf
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So, if I understand you correctly, as long as we follow the CCTV code of practice and register with the Information Commissioner, we will be OK? Is it difficult or very involved to register with the IC?

That is correct. Its easy to register. Please also see:
https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/cctv/
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, I believe it does. One more question, if I may. Since we already have a large (one foot square) sign outside the house (pasted to the window by the front door), do we need more signs inside as well?

No, that should be ok.
ALex

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.