12826847

I reported a cat to the rspca last Thursday evening it is covered

I reported a cat to the rspca last Thursday evening it is covered in scabs I told them where the owners lived offered to donate for its treatment and take the cat in I've rang on Dailey basis but just keep getting told it has been assigned to a officer I have even emailed pictures of its sores bleeding I have been told I cannot just take it to my vet because even though it is living in a garden if I just take it that's theft I keep going to the garden and feeding it although it brakes my heart that it is being left in this condition when I could take it to my vets and get treatment started which I am willing to pay for myself I have lost total faith in the rspca which I donate to monthly I am considering going to the papers with this and the pictures
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
You are in the legal section now.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I would like to know where I stand legally if I take this cat to my own vets I have been told by the RSPCA that it could take up to four weeks for a officer to come out to it the cat is already in a very bad condition and is now permanently living under a hedge in a garden
You are committing no offence in taking the cat to a vet at your own cost.
If the owner turned up demand its return then refusing may well amount to theft but that is not what you are suggestion.
What you may do if you take this action is damage evidence so that the RSCPA cannot prosecute the owners. That is probably something that can't be helped though.
You do not commit an offence though in merely going to the vets.
Experience: Over 5 years in practice