75100385

Question W ============ I wrote to you some months

Question for Alex W
============
I wrote to you some months ago with a problem concerning our former employees, IdeasWise Ltd. We were founders, shareholders, and employees, but we resigned after prolonged bullying from the CEO. We couldn't afford the time or money for an unfair dismissal case.
We have now received a legal letter alleging that we are reselling their software program (that we built for them) illegally in India and Spain, and demanding that we sign a reseller agreement with them, and hand our 20% of shares back to them for nothing.
We have no desire whatsoever to resell their product anywhere as they well know. I am a semi-retired pensioner living in Spain with no assets who does part-time humanitarian work in India, which they know full well. This is just plain bullying. I can't afford to hire a solicitor. I can't afford to fly to London to fight them in court. Their funder has a personal net worth over £200m. The shares are worthless to us because we are rogue shareholders and they won't pay any dividends. They are just being vindictive. How can I stop them harassing us?
Victor
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
For now to be clear you have done not what they are saying?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have definitely not done what they said.

And they must know this.

They will have no proof of it, because it isn't happening.

It's either a fishing expedition or downright bullying or both.

Ironically, part of the reason we left the company was because it WOULDN'T work in foreign countries.

Ok. Do you want to stop them just contacting you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, I'd love them to stop contacting us!

Is there a magic wand???

I should add that the letter we received was from solicitors acting on behalf of the funder's company, not on behalf of the company that employed us. I'm sure they use the same solicitors, but I found it strange that they should state that they are acting on behalf of a fellow shareholder.

Also they quoted from an out-of-date version of my employment contract.

Also the filename of the letter (which I can see in small print at the bottom) includes the phrase "cease and desist letter".

Sadly you cant stop them threatening But if they do issue proceedings because of where you live you can ask that it is transferred to Spain. Then they would need to hire Spanish lawyers to deal with the case locally to you.
I would just ignore them, some people just cant move on.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** realise it could be transferred.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.