12826847

I have a community work order hours witch ive done

Customer Question

hi i have a community work order for 350 hours witch ive done 176 hours on the 18th of june it will be Ramadan and i will be fasting so i wont have enough energy to work like painting lifting ect, can you give me some advise if i am legally allowed to g-have a month off?
No.
You are under a court order to complete this work. Accommodation is made for specific religious festivals but I'm afraid they are not likely to agree that you dont have to do your unpaid work because you are fasting.
Anybody can ask anything and there is always an outside chance that you could find a sympathetic probation officer but that is something that you cannot rely on I'm afraid.
Even if that is possible I'm afraid they are not going to give you a whole month off.
It is possible they could find lighter duties though.
Sorry but I have to give you truthful information.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i also work full time sometimes its really hard to fit it in as i work in a restaurant my shifts change some weeks i can do the Tuesdays as i work in the evening but some weeks on the Tuesday im working in the evening as i work 6 days a week its really hard is there anything i can do?

They should accommodate your work.
The bot***** *****ne is that you have to do the order. There is no way around that. However, probation should take into account your workload.
There isn't a great deal they can do about the fact that you work six days a week. Had the court known that then unpaid work might not have been thought appropriate but it is too late now.
The only certain way to bring it to an end is to go back to court and ask for revocation and resentence but then you risk custody.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

does that mean i risk going to prison?

If you seek revocation and resentence then you do,
Trouble is that you have to do a community order to avoid it. I suppose curfew is an option but that doesn't sound as though that suits you either.