13262538

I bought my mothers ex council house with right to buy she

Customer Question

I bought my mothers ex council house with right to buy she got a 66% discount. I have lived here with her for 5 years before buying. The mortgage is in both our names but I pay everything. My mother has since decided she wants to move out and apply for another council home . Can she transfer the house into my name for full ownership without affecting the discount we received. We bought it 18 months ago
How old is your mother?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My mother is 64 and she is having difficulty getting up the stairs now she has doctors proof of this aswell
Has she spoken to the Council about sheltered housing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She has spoken to the council and they have said that she is entitled to somewhere but in doing might have to pay the discount back and have been advised us to get legal advice hence my question. Also I have no intention on selling the house I want to remain here with my wife and 4 year old son many thanks DAle
Have they specifically said she can only be rehoused if she is no longer o a joint owner of your property?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No they have said that they can but the discount we got fro right to buy might be affected ie paying it back this is what we need to know. Ps my mother doesnt want any proceeds from the house she wants me to have it to help me and my family
I am afraid that the majority if the discount relates to your mother,s occupation
N of the property and not yours, so if she transfers the property into your sole name then I am afraid that at this stage that will amount to a disposal which will trigger a refund of the discount