75100385

I bought a boiler home off the internet and when it

I bought a boiler for my home off the internet and when it was delivered I put it in my shed as the heating engineer I had chosen to fit it had other jobs on so couldn't come straight away. The heating engineer came today, 5 week after the boiler had been delivered, removed the old boiler and went to unpack the new boiler. However, when he removed the packaging the boiler had significant damage as though it had been dropped. I rang the supplier to ask for a replacement but to my horror they refused, stating that they will only replace goods that are reported as broken within 48 hours of delivery. I have no more money for a second new boiler, the old boiler can not be reinstated and I do not have other means of getting heating or hot water
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Does it come with a warranty please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It comes with a 5 year manufacturer's warranty

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Products that fail within the first 6 months are deemed to be faulty. In any event under the sale of goods act it,es must be fit for purpose, as described and of suitable quality.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The problem I have is that i do not have heating or hot water and can not be without a boiler for 14 days or more. If I borrow money to buy a replacement boiler could I claim for the additional expense and the inconvenience of being without a boiler? (Even if they agree to replace the boiler tomorrow I am still without hot water until next week

I see. Yes you can claim additional compensation. You can lower it to 7 days if you wish.
Does that clarify?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes thank you

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?