29905560

I have just spent the third anxiety- and stress-filled day

I have just spent the third anxiety- and stress-filled day of what should have been a week-long break from work waiting for a package from Amazon which should have been delivered on Monday. Because the building in which I live does not have an intercom I had to request that the courier contact me by phone when he or she arrives which has meant that I had to spend those days ensuring that I was always able to answer my phone and reach my front door in a timely manner which has meant no leaving the house, no showering and no relaxing. Hence the stress and anxiety and later also frustration and anger.
The package has still not been delivered (today I even saw the driver pull up outside the building but by the time I reached the door - maybe 30 seconds - he was already pulling away, ignoring my request for him to contact me) and, unwilling to lose yet another day, I have made other delivery arrangements.
My question is this: Would I be laughed out of court if I attempted to sue for stress compensation?
Thank you for your time.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. The simple answer I am afraid is yes. The courts will not entertain a claim for stress - you cannot claim for that. You would be able to claim for actual losses incurred as a result of not having the item delivered on a day when delivery was guaranteed and you had to take extra days off for example for a redelivery. Then the losses are that you had to take time off work, or lost work as a result and these losses would be compensable. But you were on holiday anyway so you have not had to take additional days off work for the delivery and cannot say that you have not managed to enjoy your days off as a result. In the circumstances it is rather unlikely that any claim would succeed, unless you had to pay for a new delivery method but considering the relatively low amount that may be, court is probably not going to be the appropriate way to pursue this.
I hope this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating, or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you