29905560

I ended up being swept off my feet by the head of business

Hi I ended up being swept off my feet by the head of business at my work place he made me beleive everything was forever and his boss said it's for the best I either leVe or move branches I have now had to move home and jobs to even acess the new work premises the journey and fuel is impossible everyday living in North London and travelling to South I have said many times and cried my eyes out even called he telling them I never wanted to leave and have ended up on anti depressants due to adaptive disorder and being pushed out of my home branch and was taken for a ride with the head of business to.
There was nothing in my contract to say I would have to leave if a relationship started and now I feel like a fool for beleiving everyone and upset that I have been pushed and then left there my rent is higher and I didn't even want to leave I had asked for a position In the dealership in a different department and they flat handedly said no It's not possible to come back? What are my rights ?
Thanks Carla
Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long have you worked there for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks 19 months
If you have been continuously employed at your place of work for less than 2 years then your employment rights will unfortunately be somewhat limited. Most importantly, you will not be protected against unfair dismissal or constructive dismissal. This means that your employer can dismiss you or force you to leave for more or less any reason, and without following a fair procedure, as long as their decision is not based on discriminatory grounds (i.e. because of gender, race, religion, age, a disability, sexual orientation, etc.) or because you were trying to assert any of your statutory rights (e.g. requesting maternity/paternity leave, etc.). I know you are not dealing with a dismissal here but in your circumstances the usual route would be a constructive dismissal claim where you would leave due to the employer’s unreasonable behaviour but as you do not have the required length of service that is not possible.
You can still try to raise an internal grievance about this but that is only left for the employer to deal with and if they reject it then you cannot take the matter further as constructive dismissal is not an option. So if needed the grievance route is something you can pursue but it is your only option in the circumstances.
I hope this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating, or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you