75100385

I am the owner of a building plot in norfolk. In August last

I am the owner of a building plot in norfolk. In August last year there was a fire on the plot and I was seen by the Env Health. I receved a letter saying I was to be investigated under the Clean Air Act and was interviewed in October. I made no comment. I heard absolutely nothing until March 29th, 2015 when my son was told I was to be cautioned for the offence. I have received no communication re caution and heard nothing further. Is there a limitation on proceedings re this matter?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will let you carry on at present

thank you

Michael

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will await your reply

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do you think you can get a reply in due course or have we reached the end of the road? Willing to give it a few more days if you think you will be successfull.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
What was the alleged offence please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have not been charged or summonsed. I received a letter on 07.08.14 notifying me that I might have permitted or caused an offence to be committed under S2 (Prohibition of dark smoke from industrial or trade premises) and S51 notification of offence. I was notified in April,2015 I was going to be cautioned for the offence. I have heard nothing since.

10 months seems to be an excessive amount of time to wait for this to be resolved and the case officer refuses to communicate. There surely must be a time limit.

In terms of the Clean Air Act (dark smoke) there is a limitation period of 6 months from the date of OFFENCE. Section 51 is how they notify you.
So in short they have 6 months from date of offence.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I agree. You dont have to accept a caution - they are out of time for any offence,
Its 6 months, for any action, thats it.
Does that clarify?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Does that mean they cannot now issue the caution?

Correct. Out of time.
Does that help?
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.