13262538

I am an ordained...

I am an ordained Minister from a Canadian Church who contacted the Church of England about transferring my credentials or being Ordained as a Priest in the Church of England. To my surprise, I was denied because I was divorced three times (two of which are not my fault) and remarried four times. The church provided me a written response, as well as in conversation was told that: "If I this would have happened after being ordained, there wouldn't be an issue". What can I do about this legally?
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Unfortunately there is no legal action that you can take within the civil system - this is a matter for the Church to decide.
Of course you remain an Ordained Minister from your home Church in any event
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can I pursue them in the EU courts of Human Rights?
HI
I am afraid not - there is no absolute Right to be Ordained in the Church of England - and in any event they are exempt from employment laws as it has been ruled that they do not "employ" priests - they simply remunerate them for doing God's work
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Get another lawyer on this site.
I am afraid what my colleague says is correct. She has given the legal basis for the answer. I am sorry that no other lawyer will tell you anything different.
I am sorry.
I am sorry that you feel that my service was poor meaning that I get no credit for my time and which is not necessary for and does not trigger a refund
I cannot change the law on this matter - and whilst there is another challenge currently before the employment tribunal it is about post ordination matters - it will not effect the issue of who the Church Of England choses to accept and Ordain and the somewhat flawed attitude to divorce is one still to be resolved by Synod
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.