Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I have been sent an bill advert in a road safety magazine,

I have been sent an bill for an advert in a road safety magazine, this has been confirmed as a scam by Data protection and internet searches. Do I ignore it or phone and tell them where to shuv it.The firm then send you bogus debt collection letters.
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.
Did you receive a phone call from them prior to them sending you an invoice?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Jenny,

As far as I know I did not but if I did it was months ago. These people rely on small businesses just paying them to keep them away, there are plenty of scams discussed on the internet, this is one of them.

Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hi there is really no right or wrong answer here.
If you know it is a scam and are concerned that they will phone you you can either phone them (if there is a number ) or write to them to say that you know this is a scam and are not going to pay. They are likely then to leave you alone.
The alternative is to completely ignore the letter and any subsequent letters or demands.
Given that you are scared to answer the phone I would suggest that the first option is the best for you.
If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer, thank you and all the best.