75100385

I am buying a Dog Hydrobath through a UK agent of the

Hi. I am buying a Dog Hydrobath through a UK agent of the company Savel that are based in the UK. Originally I was given an estimate for the cost of the bath and shipping of between £2500 and £2600. Now the cost has risen to £3100 without any warning and I am being asked to pay the shipping agent and customs fees directly. Is there a cut off point where the final price is much higher than the estimate. The bath is currently on a boat and sue into Southampton on 01/07/15. The agent is also saying that he has paid more than the Australian retail price less the 10% Australina GST, which I thought was refunded in the product was exported within a certain time? I have paid a £500 deposit.

The agent has just changed and the previous agents were selling the bath for £2500 all in. Thanks

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Has an order been actually placed? If so, what does the order say about an estimated price rather than quotes price?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry it just lost my typing. Everything has been communicated via email. He confirmed the estimated price of £2500 to £2600 and then I placed and order and paid £500 deposit. It was only several weeks later that he asked for full payment at the much higher price.

Ok. Did he say how or why an estimate would vary? What do you want to do, get the deposit back?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am getting loads of hassel from him asking for immeadiate payment. Also he is saying that if I delay past the date of the ship into Southampton I will have to pay for port storage fees.

I want to know if I can legally cancel the order and get my deposit back yes.

Yes you can based on HIS estimate of £2500 - £2600. In any event if the order was placed online and it wasnt a custom product you have 14 days to cancel from RECEIPT of the goods anyway by law, cooling off period.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I asked for clarification and got no response, so I am stil unsure of my legal position

See above. You are entitled to a refund.
ALex

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.