29905560

I registered with an e learning company over a year ago to

Customer Question

I registered with an e learning company over a year ago to do my level 5 in Health & Social Care. I paid £1000 and I am disappointed in the way that my assessors have dealt with their candidates. I have had 3 assessors since I first started. The first one did not last 5 minutes. I did not even get of the ground with him. The second was wonderful and very supportive, but unfortunately she left and the last one I have not heard from since Sept 2014. I had a phone message from her saying that she had not heard from ME since September and that we need to be getting on with things. I texted her back informing her that I was aware that I had not heard from HER since last year, my now my husband had just died in March and that I was not doing anything at the moment and hopefully resume in May. I have not had a reply from that.
I feel that even though it is a two way street, these teachers are meant to be pushing us to complete. I feel that I have not had any support from this last person and that they have got my money and that is it. I feel let down as you are only as good as the assessor you get. I have now registered with another company, which is government funded, so it is more to their benefit to see me through it.
Do you think I am entitled to some sort of refund?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Have you approached them to seek a refund? Also did you ever raise these issues at the time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have not approached them about a refund, because I did not know if I was entitled to one.

No I have not raised the issue with them as I was dealing with my husband at the time, so I put it on the back burner.

I don't appear to have had an answer?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Apologies for not getting back to you sooner, I experienced some temporary connection issues and could not get back on the site until now. All appears to be resolved now so I can continue dealing with your query.
The key here is what you were promised and whether the other side has fulfilled it or if they have acted in such a manner that they have seriously breached the contract you had. This will largely come down to what was promised that they would provide and if it would be reasonable to assume that they have not done this over the course of time you had a contract with them.
Often there could be disagreements between what you believe you should have been provided with and what they say you have received and this in itself would not be sufficient for you to be able to claim money back. You must be able to show that they had seriously breached the terms of the contract, such as not providing an important part of the course or if the standard was below a level which any reasonable course provider in their position would have provided. As this is a specialist area, you may have to seek the opinion of an independent third party course provider which specialises in similar courses and check if what you were provided with can be deemed as seriously incompetent or such that it fell below a reasonable standard. Only then could you start considering treating this as a breach of contract and seeking some refund.
Saying that, there is nothing stopping you from approaching them, voicing your dissatisfaction and asking for a partial refund. You may find that they would rather keep customers happy than point blank refuse to consider this. However, that is up to them and how much they value customer service. Again, there is nothing stopping you from applying further pressure by threating legal action but that is up to you – you do not have to proceed with it if you do not want to.
I hope this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating, or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Could you please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else in relation to this? It is important for us to know either way so we can track customer satisfaction or identify whether I need to help you further? Thanks