Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

Regarding the previous question I would like to know how we

Regarding the previous question I would like to know how we stand (my sister and myself as executors of mums will). We have another nephew who has been texting wanting to know when he'll get his money. In mums will, as she knew my older sister had terminal cancer, she said if anything happened to any of her children (of which there was five of us) then that persons share of mums estate was to be split between their children. My sister died after mum and had made a will stating that all her estate was to be shared between her boys but the youngest (aged 23) son had to have his share in trust until he reached 25 years old. Do we give the boys their share or does it go into my late sisters estate to be distributed as she wanted? Thank you for your attention.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry as my colleague is not currently available.

As your sister died after your Mum, the money she is to inherit from the house Sale should be paid to her Executor(s), who are then under a duty to add this amount to your sister's Estate and distribute it according to her Will.

I hope this assists and clarifies the position.

If I have helped, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer.

Kind Regards

Al