12826847

I am company secretary of a property management company

Customer Question

I am company secretary of a property management company for a leasehold block of flats. a unit has just been repossessed and a new lease has been prepared by the managing agents. The terms of the new lease which runs for 135 years beggar belief, the current proposed ground rent is £1000 pa rising to 1,024000 at the end of the term. The current leases are for 99 years from 1991 with ground rent rising by £100pa to £500 at the end of the term. If the management company sign this new lease I am concerned for the implications for the remaining 17 leaseholders in the block. I believe thre to be a conflict of interest as the freeholder, managing agent and proposed new owner of the repossessed have the same company director. Kind regards ***** ********@******.***

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Nicola

I am happy for you to continue searching for the right professional at this point.

John

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I think we should close this enquiry at this point

John