Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

Helped a friends to buy new sofas on high for £4088 on my account.

Helped a friends to buy new sofas on high for £4088 on my account. They then exported same without my consent and stopped paying for them and I was forced to finish the payment. I would like to recover the money. They have block me from communicating with them. If I sent them emails they don't reply.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
How much do they owe you? Are they based in England?
AJ
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They owe me £1500 but its over the year since I have paid off the balance. The wife is in the UK but the husband run away to his country after I had assisted him to secure a loan and I had to pay off the loan as his guarantor.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. Was the wife not mentioned in the guarantee? Does the husband own aproperty?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Under the Civil Liability (Contribution) Act 1978 - as guarantor you are entitled to recover the money you guaranteed. So you could sue the husband. Do you have his last service address?