12826847

I have been threatened by the Husband of my Long time Lover

I have been threatened by the Husband of my Long time Lover of three years...
He has now threatened to Kill me....
He has repeated this threat many times as in his mind I represent the barrier to his wife Loving him....
And also he can secure his 'Empire' as he calls it.
He was a well known celebrity Athlete of the Sixties..
He is in an unstable frame of mind as his wife is now seeing a Solicitor to instigate Divorce proceedings.
There is a history of Physical Abuse over many years....
He threatened his own suicide recently.... Failed of couse....
Now he is extremely mentally unstable.
He also knows that I am aware of his Paedophilia activities....
What is my best recourse here?
Your comments would be appreciated.
Ron Price (yes this is my Name)
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Essentially the Husband who lives about 110 miles from me has become obsessed with me as the Evil in his faileing/ failed marriage.I met his wife named Christine in August 2012.We met via an internet adult site.We exchanged letters in real time for four weeks before agreeing to meet...It was a classic Love at First Sight event.I was 65 and she 58...We obviously both had issues in our existing relatonships,,,,We have tried unsuccessfully to give each other up...But after nearly three years the Bond is even Stronger....Yes we are in Love...My wife and I went to the wire on a Mediated Settlement last October....I thought Christine was there alongside me....For complicated reasons she was not able to leave her failed marriage...So I chose the least worse option and stayed with my wife of some 44 Years....Since then we have continued to meet occasionally... Have again tried to part....Failed miserably...We talk , text and skype continuously....My wife is aware of my Feelings....Knows that I am in frequent contact with Christine....She has had phone calls from John Whetton ( famous athlete from the Sixties)They have contact where she dnies any real exchange of informatuion....But it is evident fom the information seeping out that they try to keep each other Briefed.He told my Wife Susan last February that he Would Kill me if i ever had contact again....Well I have....Those thrweats have been repeated in an Irrational way repeatedly over the last few days...John has had Psychotherapy for his bothced Suicide attempt...Now tell Christine that he will Commit Suicide if she Divorces Him....Christine uis seeing a Solicitor to Instigate Proceedings today.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jo,A very new experience as I live in a Civilised World.Desperate Men often Recourse to Desperate Measures....What should I do Here?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Has he specifically threatened you?
Do you know this is happening or is just what you have been told by your partner?
Can I be wholly frank with you about this situation? You might not like it but you may well need somebody to tell you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My Gut instinct says contact the Police and the Media to point the Finger of Historic Paedophilia....John was a Trebble Gold Medalist in Athletics in his Day...The Abuse took place in his newly acquired family some Thirty years ago...Also follow with an Injunction on his getting anywhere near me...The Media would love this Story...Fallen Icon,, Failed Suicide after writing to all his Friends by E-mail,Failed Sexless Marriage....Lovers Tryste with threatenening Behaviour....The Daily Mail would Investigate Further....Christine Believes that he has other Abuse History in Athletics in the Sixties....
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
On no account take this at face value. Please ignore what she is saying.
Can you give me the information I asked for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is my Best Course of Action?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I need the information I asked for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well talk to me then
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have given you a lot of background Information...
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry?
Can you see my requests?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What more information did you asjk for?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
1 Has he specifically threatened you?
2 Have you yourself heard this or is it just what you are being told?
3 Can I be wholly frank with you about this situation? You might like the answer but it is what you need to hear.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not seen Your Requests...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My wife has Corroborated the Threats independently...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I not Believe BOTH of them?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I'm not going to be able to help with this unless you respond to my information requests.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I await this Maniac to Physically Abuse me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Would it be possible to respond to the specific questions that I asked?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not received any Information Requests?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I've written them out in two separate posts above?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where are Your Questions?????
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I am really sorry but I'm not going to be able to help unless you can give me the information I asked for ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No He has not Specifically Threatened me....although both wives have independently Corroborated the Report...Shall I Phone him to give him the Opportunity?Of course being Frank and Forthright is the best way...
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No, absolutely not. Do nothing at all.
If it is just that you are being told this by others then I would not take much notice. I realise that this probably isn't what you want to hear but I have been involved in criminal law for a very long time and I have lost count of the number of men who have ended up in trouble essentially because they were incited by women that they feel a need to protect or were just generally given exagerrated information by them.
Unless you yourself receive a threat do nothing at all. Do not contact him. Do not become incited by this. Do not place yourself at risk.
This is her former partner and his conduct is for her to sort out not you. If you had a former girlfriend causing trouble you would not appeal to your new partner to deal with her. You would, rightly, feel it your duty to do so. Do not expose yourself to risk.
The truth is that maybe he has said some ill considered things and maybe he hasn't. If he has then they may just amount to hot air or they may be the subject of exagerration. If he has then they may be in earnest. Either way, unless yourself hear them there isn't much you can do about them.
Obviously if he does assault you then you have every right to defend yourself but it is very unlikely that will happen. He has no real issue with you save for your connection to her. He has no reason to know your movements or act against you at all unless, of course, he is being told that you are making threatening comments about him.
I know this is not what you want to hear and I understand your anger over this. That is not a good reason to place yourself at risk. In truth, you only know about him what others have told you either about his past or his present conduct and former partners do tend to be biased.
Please look after yourself and nobody else. This dispute is nothing to do with you and you should not be placed at risk.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ThankYou for your considered response.
I have no desire to lower myself to the levels of Stupidity alledgedly being encountered within th Relationships....Gut or Knee Jerk Reactions are seldom for the best....Hence this conversation today...RegardsRon Price
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay. I was travelling.
You are absolutely right. Knee jerk responses are not good especially ones that place you at risk.
If you find reliable evidence that you are being threatened then you must complaint to the police. At this stage though all that is happening is that you are getting this hearsay and it is never a good idea to rely on that.
You tell her to resolve this and you will support her.
Experience: Over 5 years in practice