How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now

I am a non european citizen legally married to eu national

Resolved Question:

I am a non european citizen legally married to eu national residing in the uk. I entered uk with a resident permit visa after entering the uk I applied for uk resident pedmit on 9th of january 2015 and I got COA on 18th of january 2015. Its going to be 6 months and my employers keep on asking me about my resident card. I read the COA it says that it take up to 6 months for rhe home office to decide on the application and they even said not the enquire about the progress of the application before 6 months. I am worried and even I friends feel that I should contact the home office but I dont know how to contact them the site dont even show their contact no. Could u pls help find a suitavle contact to write or call the home office regarding my application
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
The best thing for you to do would be to write to the home office, the address of where you need to write to should be at the top right hand side of the letter and the person you need to write to their name should be at the end of the letter.
You need to ask the home office to provide you with an update of your case and then ask them if they require any further documents to assist them in making a decision. You need to inform them that it has been more than 6 months since you have submitted your application so they will need to expedite the process as it is causing you great distress.
The reason you should write a letter is because the letter will be received directly by the person dealing with your file, if you call the home office you will be just put through to the general office, this way it will go to the person you want it to.
Make sure you state the home office reference number which should be stated on the COA letter.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
Kind regards
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience: I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
UK_Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you