UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

I am a non european citizen legally married to eu national

I am a non european citizen legally married to eu national residing in the uk. I entered uk with a resident permit visa after entering the uk I applied for uk resident pedmit on 9th of january 2015 and I got COA on 18th of january 2015. Its going to be 6 months and my employers keep on asking me about my resident card. I read the COA it says that it take up to 6 months for rhe home office to decide on the application and they even said not the enquire about the progress of the application before 6 months. I am worried and even I friends feel that I should contact the home office but I dont know how to contact them the site dont even show their contact no. Could u pls help find a suitavle contact to write or call the home office regarding my application
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
The best thing for you to do would be to write to the home office, the address of where you need to write to should be at the top right hand side of the letter and the person you need to write to their name should be at the end of the letter.
You need to ask the home office to provide you with an update of your case and then ask them if they require any further documents to assist them in making a decision. You need to inform them that it has been more than 6 months since you have submitted your application so they will need to expedite the process as it is causing you great distress.
The reason you should write a letter is because the letter will be received directly by the person dealing with your file, if you call the home office you will be just put through to the general office, this way it will go to the person you want it to.
Make sure you state the home office reference number which should be stated on the COA letter.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience: I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.