How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

In January 2015, I entered into a cosolidation of loans and

Resolved Question:

In January 2015,
I entered into a cosolidation of loans and bad debts agreement, with my son and his patner of 20 years(they have 2 children Cerys 10yrs. Harrison 12 years) I cleared 6 CCJ's including motgage, council tax,water rate, bank loans,unpaid income tax, fines, and doorstep loans.
The typed agreement and signatures were fully witnessed by my neibours. Can I take a court order against their house to protect the £41000 involved to help the grandchildren, as they have decided to break-up.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
You can but as it stands you dont need a Court order. You can register a restriction on their property using form RX1 at the Land Registry. I think the cost is about £50 or so.
All the owners need to consent and this registers your interest, its like having a secure CCJ. When they sell it the Solicitors have to discharge your debt behind any charges before yours, ie the bank.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.


Related Law Questions