13262538

My son has just had his children taken away because the elder

Customer Question

My son has just had his children taken away because the elder of the two claims that he has been hit and no one loves him. SS told them to seek legal advice on Monday. They are on benefits and cannot afford this. I have never seen any sign of abuse with either child and both are loved very much despite their social situation. What can they do?
How old are the children and have Social Services ever been involved before?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The children are 3 and 5 and yes they have. I have never seen any sign of abuse. I am their grandmother.

What were the previous allegations?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The childrens mother was suffering PND and as a result she "signed" the baby over to her cousin. To cut a long story short both children were put into the temp care of their grandparents. After about 10 months the children were returned but SS kept an eye on them. They have had many SW and visits from SS and no matter what my son and daughter in law do, SS say they are not being good parents. They are also on a parenting course as told to do so by SS but still they are not happy.

Your son will be entitled to Legal Aid in this matter and can find a lawyer able to assist him on the website
www.resolution,org.uk
His wife shoudl seek separate legal advice as one or other of them may have a stronger case if they separate.
You can also get assistance from the group here
www.frg.org.uk
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details