12826847

I pleaded guilty to a common assault charge approx 35 years

Customer Question

I pleaded guilty to a common assault charge approx 35 years ago I was told if I pleaded guilty I would not have a criminal record. I was clinically depressed at the time and the whole matter that day went right over my head I wasn't given a sentence and I think it was a civil court now I want to know if that will be on my Record as a crime
If you did indeed plead guilty to a criminal matter before a criminal court then that is a criminal offence and will be recorded upon your PNC.
If you just admitted the offence at the police station and received a caution then that will also be recorded but only as a caution.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I touched a bus conductor when he was trying to push me and my two year old off a bus he got everyone off the bus, called the police and called an ambulance. The police did not arrest or charge me they asked me what happened I told them. I gave my name and address. I was told I could go and I went home. I had no contact from the police and a year later I contacted the police to ask what was going on. I was then interviewed by British Transport Police and asked to attend court. The police from station attended and suggested I plead guilty in order to avoid a criminal record legal advisor suggested the same so I plead guilty. The matter ended on that day and I was not given a sentence. I had not assaulted the conductor but I had touched him and he magnified the situation for his own compensatory reasons. I may have received a section 10.
If you pleaded guilty then you have a criminal record.
The only other alternative is a bind over which would still show on your PNC at enhanced level and possibly at standard if there is a record.
I would be surprised if they accepted that though. They don't use them much now and this is a person acting in the course of his duty.