13262538

ThereMy dad purchased a property in 2003 which i moved

Customer Question

Hi there
My dad purchased a property in 2003 which i moved into. At the time I was not in a position to get on the property ladder so my dad agreed that i can rent the house from him by paying the mortgage each month as i get housing benefit. He said once i am able to afford the mortgage myself without help from housing benefits he will sign the house over to me. He also said if he should die the house will still belong to me
At the moment me and my dad is not getting along
My dad is married but not to my mother
I understand that if anything happens to my dad his wife automatically gets his assets
I do not think my dad has made a will to say this
As my dad has promised me this how do i get this in writing to secure myself. So he can not kick me out of the house of if he was to die his wife can not get my house
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If you can not find a professional by friday then please cancel my question
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
My name is ***** *****
Is he actually likely to still agree to sign this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It was a verbal agreement.

I now want it in writing. How do I go about getting it in writing

Are you yet in a position to obtain a mortgage on the property in your own name?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I'm not

The best way of doing this is to ask your father to sign a Declaration Of Trust confirming that whilst the property is owned in his name he is holding it for you on the basis that you repay the mortgage
The Declaration should make provision for the property to be signed over to you as soon as the mortgage is discharged.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details