13262538

I re-married 2 years ago (widowed years) The house is

Customer Question

I re-married 2 years ago (widowed for 10 years) The house is in my name and I havn't re-made my Will. When I die, what will my husband be legally allowed to claim from my estate? Should we both re-make our Wills and should I have his name put on the register as joint owner of my house? I am the main earner and pay all the bills connected to the house. I have 3 children he has 2. My 91 year old father has been in the same situation after my mother died, I do not want harassment from children as my father is experiencing now.
Yours Sincerely
Pamela Vinten-Phipps
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What extra information would you like?

My age? Ownership?

Pam

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you. No further information is needed at this time.
At present since there is no Will (your previous Will was revoked on your marriage) in the event of your death your husband will receive the first £250,000 plus a like interest in half of the remainder.
Your children would share half of the remainder straight away and the other half of the remainder when your husband dies
If you do make a Will you need to ensure that you make proper provision for your husband
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask of you need further details