LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

My mother wrote a will which I have but my brother ,with the

Customer Question

my mother wrote a will which I have but my brother ,with the compliance of a solicitor has obtained probate by an application for "intestacy"
Are both he and the solicitor equally guilt of perjury or are solicitors some how exempt -since they are only carrying out the clients wishes?
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.
If the solicitor is acting on his client's instructions he is unlikely to be guilty of a crime.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
is the applicant guilty -assuming he was aware of the will existance
yes he might well be, If he knowingly signed false documents to obtain probate then he will be guilty of an offence.
Have you told the police or seen his solicitor a copy of the will? Do you have a solicitor acting on this?