12826847

Good morning. If a false claim (or a number of false claims)

Good morning. If a false claim (or a number of false claims) are placed into County Court and it can be proven that the claims are false, can you please tell me what the consequences would be for the applicant. The case concerns 'breach' of contract.
Generally speaking nothing at all except costs.
There has to be many more claims before a person can be made a vexatious litigant.
It is possible that a Judge can refer a perjurer to the police but they don't commonly. Truth is that lying is sadly very common in the course of litigation. Most people lie to a degree. It is rarer that whole claims are entirely false but far more frequent that should be the case.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry. You are saying that someone can make false claims but there would be no repercussions? Presumably if claims are proven to be false, the County Court would throw them out. Would the person against whom the claims have been made have to pay court costs?

Well, it is as I've said really.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK. Many thanks.

No problem.
All the best.