Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

I'm a distributor of a health product and would like to offer

Customer Question

I'm a distributor of a health product and would like to offer a month's supply to people in order to test it.
Are there any legal issues that could be involved with this?
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help with your question today.
Do you hold a government licence to manufacture/distribute/sell/test this product on the UK market?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is an MLM system. The product is made by ASEA. I signed up, just like many of the associates around the world (not all countries)

To get an idea, this is my associate site: kenc.teamasea.com

The product is manufactured by ASEA. I signed up to the system around 1.5 years ago.

Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
OK
And have you been distributing this product in the UK?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, I have. I also have someone in France and another person in the Netherlands.

The reason I asked the question, is because I would like to offer a months supply to a few people and wanted to advertise that on Linkedin.

This is to be used as an investment and marketing.

All fullfilment is done by ASEA. People just sign up through my website.

Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
There is nothing wrong with offering to supply this product on a bulk basis so long as the licensing regulations have been met in the UK.
If the manufacturer holds a licence to produce and distrubte the product in the UK and your merely an agent then no law will be broken. However, if licensing does not exist then offering the product to market will, of course, be unlawful.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much for the response.

I just wanted to cover myself, as I have never done this before.

Thanks again.

best regards,

Ken Calder

Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
OK.
I would be happy to carry out a further assessment but will need detailed information about the product and business.
There is an additional fee for this service and if you accept the offer then I will happil work with you until you are happy about your legal position.