75100385

Dear Sr.or Madam,I have rented a property under an assured

Dear Sr.or Madam,I have rented a property under an assured short term contract (only six months). The contract started from the 1st of October and ended the 1st of May.
On the 23rd of March I received an email from my landlady that she was coming back on the 18th of April from her long trip around the world and she had the intention to occupy the second bedroom of her flat.
I told her then that the contract was till the 1st of May and I would move out if she wanted to do that.
I considered that with her announcement she had bridged the contract and I was in title to move out what I did on the first of April.
Then she changed mind and didn't come back to London and delayed her arrival to the 20th of May.
No she doesn't want to return my deposit.
Also I have found out that she passed to my account some direct debit of the expenses of her flat and she didn't tell me anything and I have been paying twice the bills.
Is something legally that can be done to get back my deposit and my bills that I have paid twice?.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
How much is your deposit and did she protect it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Alex,

My deposit is £1250 and I signed a contract which was assured deposit and I have a copy

I should have been protected, the contract sais assured deposit

Were you ever given information to say that the deposit was protected?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No

Ok. Then you are entitled to issue proceedings for x3 the deposit as by law it should be protected and you should have had this 'prescribed information'.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Could be written the letter by any legal advisor? I don't feel capable to writte it with the right words?

And want about all the extra £450 for the bills that she had been charging me twice?

Yes it can be written by a Solicitor but you may not be able to recover the cost of that. You dont need to pay the bills she is charging you twice for. If you have paid those, you can add that to the claim too, but that wont form part of the x3 amount for the deposit.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, that help a lot.

I need to look for some legal advisor.

Hector Annone

Happy to help Hector and good luck.
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?