75100385

I have a business where I print gift items. I create the designs

Customer Question

I have a business where I print gift items. I create the designs myself and print them myself onto mugs and various other items. I then list these for sale on Amazon. I have a rival competitor who is stealing my designs and printing them on mugs themselves form my listing pictures and selling them undercutting me. They are effectively stealing my designs. What can I do to stop them? Is this copyright infringement.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Dl you know who this person is and where they live please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes they are a business and I have their full address details.

Ok. You need to write or get a solicitor to write and ask them to stop or say you will take them to court. If they refuse then you can issue proceedings.
You would need to use form n1 and issue a claim in the county court. The form is here
http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf
The court will issue the claim and the business will have a limited to defend it. You can ask the court that you are paid the profit from your designs, that he stop using your designs and that he destroys your designs.
I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, this does answer my question thank you. Do you provide the service to send the cease and desist letter or can you recommend a solicitor to do this please?

Sadly I cant provide that. But you can find a local Solicitor who can do this at:
http://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/