Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

If an Englishman is a trustee of his English late mother's

Customer Question

If an Englishman is a trustee of his English late mother's will trust and he is then adjudicated bankrupt in England , must he retire as a trustee
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.
My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
A person who is insolvent or an undischarged bankrupt can act as an Executor/Trustee of an Estate. If it is considered inappropriate for that person to act for any particular reason though it is possible for that person to renounce their position.
The executor should liaise with their trustee in bankruptcy and make sure that any account that is used is maintained as an "executors account" rather than in their own name.
I hope this assists and answers your question.
Kind Regards
Al
Can I assist any further?
Kind Regards
Al