12826847

I have been charged bank fees and interest from 2001 to 2006

I have been charged bank fees and interest from 2001 to 2006 totalling £2343. Is there any way I can try and claim this back or is it too late?
I am sorry but you are out of time.
You have six years under the Limitation Act 1980 to bring claims of this nature. There are things like insanity that do stop time but they are very rare.
Unfortunately limitation is taken very seriously.
Also, the banks probably no longer have records of these years.
I'm very sorry but that is your position and I have to give you truthful information.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Thank- you for the quick response I thought I might be too late. I do have copies of all the bank statements from 2001 to 2006 with charges listed but as you said limitation is taken very seriously so that won't help.

At least I can forget about it now and just write it off.

Best regards

Heather

You can always write to them to see if they notice that you are time barred. It is not likely that they wouldn't but it is free to do.
No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/