12826847

I have had a legal riverworks licence from the \Port of London

Customer Question

I have had a legal riverworks licence from the \Port of London Authority for 21 years and now an independant landowner has refused access over a 10ft wharf to my moorings on the waterside of the wharf. Can I contest this?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Nicola,

Yes I can wait.

I developed moorings on Sharleston Wharf on the River Roding 21 yrs ago and had a lease from the PLA and the landowner Kevin Farr Associates. Adjoining the creek it was was an open wharf 150ft X 10ft wide and a flood wall which you had to climb to access the wharf and the moorings. I was allowed to erect a fence for security.

I operated from there for about 14 yrs and I also had a licence on two adjoining wharves from a separate landowner Freshwharf Estates. Those two wharves were sold off for development and I was invited to open new moorings to compensate on the opposite side of the creek from the the original wharf..

Sharleston Wharf had also been sold 6 years along the line, but my lease continued with the new owners and I was allowed to continue with my moorings.

I moved my boats across the Creek to Freshwharf Estates and operated from there for 10 yrs. keeping my original Mooring licence from the Port of London Authority which by now I had been given Residential Mooring Status, and I still used the wharf on occasions for mooring boats and access to the river.

A few months ago The new owners to Sharleston Wharf erected a Fence on the waters edge and a gate above the access ladder without giving me any written notification of doing so. thus making it impossible to access the water and the moorings from the land.

I now wish to use my moorings for a Residential Houseboat for the period of one year in 2016 but have now been refused access to the site

by the present owners. Please advise if I have rights.

Bill XXXXX

.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As you are unable to answer please cancel my account