13262538

I am going through a separation and my wife , after an

Customer Question

I am going through a separation and my wife , after an argument about money, has stopped the children talking to me over the phone. Is that allowed ? And if she takes it further how should I react?
How old are the children?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
3 children - 9 , 7 and 4
What other contact do you have with them and when did you last see them - or speak to them?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I saw them most days albeit it briefly sometimes just picking up from clubs etc and they stayed with me at least 2 nights per week. In fact they slept at my house weds, thurs and sat last week. But since Sunday she has forced the kids to hang up my calls and I had an email yesterday from my eldest that said "we're not allowed to speak". I have text my wife to find out why but she is not replying. I don't want to turn up at the house and cause a scene as that would not be good for the kids.
The law says that children are entitled to ocntact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessary
The court is particularly unimpressed when children are used as pawns in arguments over money.
Your starting point is to arrange an urgent appointment for a Mediation Information and Assessment meeting with a local Family mediator
www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk
If your ex will not mediate then your only option will be to apply to the court for a Child Arrangement Oder - which can be enforced.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details