12826847

My Son was assaulted in his Back Garden and left with a black

Customer Question

My Son was assaulted in his Back Garden and left with a black eye, cut face and swollen lip. The Police were called and caught the 'culprit', who is a Male friend of my Sons Neighbour. He lured him into the Garden, saying he wanted a word! My Son was on his way Home from work and was carrying two large shopping bags.He was punched on the face and when he hit the ground punched again. The culprit took off in his car and when caught by the Police, answered every question with "no comment". It seems no charges can be brought which as Grandmother I think is appalling. THIS 'person' it would seem, has been given the right to lift his hands, to whom he likes with no repercussions.
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help with your question today.
Do you know on what basis the police have decided not to take any action?
Were there any witnesses to this incident?