12826847

I am a Peabody Trust Tenant who is registered disabled.

Customer Question

Hi i am a Peabody Trust Tenant who is registered disabled. I have recently been informed of the Trust selling our building so they now have to decant all of the residence. What i would like to know is what are my rights are. I have requested a ground floor flat big enough to accomodate a wheelchair. However the Trust are telling me that they dont have any properties available that provide that sort of access, also they are saying that the flat offered could be considerably smaller than what i currently have. I have lived in this property for 20 years so dont understand what they expect me to live in a box with my disability. I have a heart condition which does not allow me to be very active without being out of breath. I also require a hip replacement which Dr's will not do as my heart condition makes the operation to risky. Can you please advise what my rights are in this matter so that i can ensure that the Trust give me something suitable to my needs and not theirs.

I have also requested a two bedroom which they are not considering even though my partner who helps me dress wash and cooks for me has to sleep in the frontroom.  I am told that because i do not have carer benefits i am not eligable.  dispite my condition i work for the NHS work from home and take Taxi's to work when needed.  I am not someone that wants to be on benefits and will work as long as i am able to.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please continue to search
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,