12826847

There, my mother and father were burgaled in February

Customer Question

Hi there,
my mother and father were burgaled in February this year. We had the back door smashed in, the house ransacked, Jewelery and things taken.
the Police showed up half an hour afterwards and we told them items that had been stolen which we could at the time.
We had an Adjuster come round for the Insurance company that agreed our claim, we received the laptop, Kindle and Ipad which they replaced. Then we heard nothing futher, so we rang Zurich and they said oooo sorry we thought this claim was closed.
we then had to wait for one of their Adjuster to come round which we gave them a list of what was stolen. Not they have phoned my mother who is 63 saying that there are discrepancies between the Police report and things we are claiming for.
Basically because we didn't not tell the Police or put things on the police report he is saying that we are basically lying!
I feel we have a strong case for Bad Faith here? But would like some help and advice of what you think?
My mum and Dad are both in their sixties and my mother felt bullied and like she was being treated like a criminal on the phone when we are the victims here who are out of pocket!
they have never made one claim in 28 years on their policy and not this. My mum is quite upset and does not want to have to deal with this Insurance Company anymore.
we have not been made a settlement and this has taken 4 months and we have heard nothing and have been patient.
many thanks
Luke
What are your thoughts on Bad Faith?
What is the bad faith issue?
Also, what are you hoping to claim for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it is insurance we are claiming on our house items which were stolen in a break in

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
How much is the amount they are refusing to pay please?