13262538

Is it legally possible to adopt my adult stepdaughter

Is it legally possible for me to adopt my adult stepdaughter (my late British husband's daughter) in the UK? Her mother is alive; they are both UK citizens and I'm German citizen living in Spain.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Nicola,

I'm happy to wait for a few days but if it's any more I'd assume it's not a straight forward matter and then I probably wouldn't feel confident with a generic answer anyway. Please let me know.

Best regards,

evi

My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
I am afraid that it will not be possible as in the Uk it is not possible to adopt anyone over 18 unless the application began prior to their 18th birthday.
Please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.