12826847

I am an Electronics Test Engineer by qualification and experience

Customer Question

I am an Electronics Test Engineer by qualification and experience and I was originally hired by the company as such. As an Electronics Test Engineer I consider what I do to be a professional position.
Approximately two years ago the company had a pay and broadbanding restructure for those of us working on the shop floor. At which point they designated the three Test Engineers as Test Technicians. Long story short, I went through the company grievance procedure and ended up having to call a Grievance Tribunal the upshot of which was that my contention that I and my colleagues were Test Engineers was upheld and as such we were taken out of the pay broadbanding scheme.
Now two years later the company have rolled out a Global Broadbanding internationally across the group. Once again they have defined us Test Engineers as Test Technicians and in the banding scheme they have rated us as being comparable to Admin staff not Professionals.
As by this Global Broadbanding they have effectively overturned the decision of an internal Grievance Tribunal. Can they legally do this? and am I going to have to fight this all over again through the company grievance procedure?
Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long have you worked there for?
Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - How long have you worked there for?