13262538

I am asking whether I have parental responsibility as my son

I am asking whether I have parental responsibility as my son is not bilogically mine but I was married to his mother at time of birth in January 2013
Are you named on the Birth Certificate?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The biological father does not know and is not a UK national so is out of the equation, what I need to know is if ever my wife and I separate, do I have full rights the same as a biological father or am I deemed just a stepfather sorry for these questions but this little boy is my world
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Basically am I classed under British law as his father, thanks Clare.
Yes at present you have Parental Responsibility for the child.
This could change if your ex obtains a DNA test proving that you are not the biological father and has your name removed from the birth certificate BUT you would in fact still have the right to apply for ongoing contact with the child due to the existing close emotional bond - after all you ar ein fact his "dady"
Please ask if you need further details