Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

My late son died of two right lung abcess caused by Mould in

My late son died of two right lung abcess caused by Mould in his rented flat
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. I am sorry for your loss. What would you like to know about this situation?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Would I have a case to take further action

Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Have doctors said that this was the cause rather than an underlying medical problem?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, The coroners report did.

Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Ok was the property a private let or something else?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

A private let

Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Have you contacted the landlord about this yet or is this the first port of call?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Are you still with me?

Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Yes I asked if you have already contacted the landlord about this or whether this is your first contact with anyone on the matter?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

NoI havent asked

Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Ok if you have evidence that this was the cause then you can sue the landlord for damages in negligence if you can show that the landlord should have been aware of the issue and that the death was reasonably foreseeable.
I would suggest you instruct a solicitor to assist as this will be a tricky claim to bring.
If you have household insurance then you may have access to legal expenses insurance which would cover your legal costs.
Alternatively you may be able to find a local litigation lawyer who may take this on on a no win no fee basis. Many give free initial consultations.
Good luck with this.
If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.