13262538

My ex left when i was four months pregnant. i also had

Customer Question

hello. my ex left when i was four months pregnant. i also had a two year old son by him. he has since been found in possession of cannabis and battery of a woman though no charges were made. he had sporadic access to my son until he was nearly four but has NEVER had nor requested access to daughter. son is now five and a half and daughter is now three. iv had a summons to court for access. is there any chance that i can deny him access to either child?
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
I am sorry but at this stage no there is no way of avoiding such an Order - but there are still ways of achieving what you wish.
Your ex has clearly had little interest in the children in the past - and it is unlikely that he actually wishes to see them now.
Accordingly give him the room to show the real lack of interest and solve the issue once and for all.
Offer two hours a fortnight in a local contact centre with a review after six months if he has kept to the order.
The children will be safe and have toys to play with. Your ex will either prove that he does now have the ability to be a committed father - in which case your children will have two dads and will be lucky - or (more likely) he will prove the opposite - he will not like the routine and the venue and will show that he is NOT actually committed to the contact - and any future applictaion he makes will be doomed to failure.
I am very well aware that this is not the news that you wished to hear - but it is realistic and will prevent months of misery as you fight the inevitable
Please ask if you need further details