75100385

We are a steel sub-contractor and have received an Order for

Customer Question

We are a steel sub-contractor and have received an Order for the works, but we have not signed the order, based upon a very poor payment record for design works we wish to pull out of this contract as we believe that we will not be paid in full for the contract (JCT Design & Build 2011)
We have nearly completed the design works which was undertaken on a letter of
Intent limited to £ 25,000, total contract value £ 781,000
What is our legal position should we wish to withdraw
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
What does the contract say about cancellation or breach for non payment please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not too sure, however if they have not paid us on time do we have any rights regarding not continuing with the contract,

You need to check the terms of the contract. I can't say yes for sure because it depends on what the terms are. But I would think there is a term that says if there is late/non payment you are entitled to end it - but you need to check.
It is all going to be in the contract. There will be a breach or cancellation clause, so check that. I suspect you can but without seeing it, that would be impossible to say. But check the terms.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.