75100385

I was wondering if I had grounds to sue BA after promising

I was wondering if I had grounds to sue BA after promising me an extra legroom seat (over the phone and I'm sure it's recorded) and then reneged. I am 6'4'' and have a spinal injury. I tried to explain this to several staff members and they kept passing the buck to the next staff member in the process until I arrived at the flight gate. The gate staff supervisor was very rude and dismissive and actually told me that because of my large size I should pay extra to travel in a different class. I told him that I was pretty sure what he told me was in violation of some law/act and he said it wasn't. He then stated that the conversation was over and walked away from me. It has been 2 days since I arrived and I have suffered back pain the whole time. Can I do anything about this?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
What is it you want to achieve ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I just can't let them get away with treating paying loyal customers like dirt just because they are helpless and I don't want to ever have to run into this problem again. I want assurances that my, and any other passenger's needs will be met.

How much are you seeking to claim from them?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That's not the overriding comcern but I suppose that in order for a good solicitor to agree to represent me there should be a sizeable claim

Did you suffer any medical injury as result?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have an exacerbated medical condition as a result. I have a slipped disc and sciatica and that flight made it much worse. Should I schedule an mri to prove it? Like I said in my first message, I tried to make everyone aware of this and I'm pretty sure someone made a note on the reservation. I had also previously (January) filed an official complaint with BA about the same issue

How long did it exacerbate it for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I flew back on the 14th and it is still exacerbated

Yes but have you had a medical report saying it is the case?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No but I can probably get one

You need to get one. You don't have a claim without that. Then and only then can you consider taking action but you would need to show
1) there has been an injury
2) the injury was a direct cause of the flight
3 Ba had been negligent
You may have to pay for the claim as legal aid isn't available due to rule changes. However you may get someone take it on a no win no fee.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks. I don't live in the UK and was wondering if you could advise me on how to find someone who will take the case on a no win fee. Do you have suggestions? Thanks again.

Sadly it's just a case of trying firms.
Please see here
http://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.