12826847

Need help on who to go to in order to defend a deformation

Customer Question

Need help on who to go to in order to defend a deformation claim against us together with a counter-action by us in order to claim for payments made, but still incomplete.
This is in regard to a rogue builder with a bad working history since 1994, with bankruptcy order against him, various aliases, which we found out via the Building Inspector. Upon checking his previous name on the internet, found a horrific history of him defrauding several people within the Bucks and Berks area and a blog going back to 2009. We then added to the blog with new name and contact details of this man. He has now served us with a legal letter claiming deformation of character, posting of photographic evidence of himself, infringing data protection cos of publishing personal information on this blog - i.e. his mobile number and new name. All of our comments were true. This man is continuing to defraud other people and we now have the Trading Standards people involved - who have a huge file on him and have tried to convict him several time previously. Please can you advise. He is a bully and we are at a loss as to what to do next. :-(
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
For now please let me know when the defamation occurred?